Monday, December 12, 2011

Holiday Countdown: For Him

Guys! This post is for you.  I know that many of the previously posted projects lean toward the feminine half of the population, so here is a project for those of you who like to work with you hands but don't want to make clothing and lip gloss.  Ladies, these projects will also make great gifts for the men in your life.  I think I might be making the backpacking light for my husband (and I).

DIY Backpacking Light


Another great backpacking gift is a couple backpacking meals.  Although this gift may work better for an event in the spring or summer, such as a graduation, or birthday, there is no reason not the make them in the winter and store these dehydrated recipes for your first camping trip.

Personally, I love to make gift baskets.  For my husbands graduation I gave him the ingredients to make smores, wrapped in a camping towel with a waterproof camping bag and a bear bell (My husband has given this to his older brother as well).  If you are not fans of camping you could always give an inferno stove along with the chocolate, marshmallows, and graham crackers.  Guys this is a great gift for a special friend, and could score you major points if you go on a date to roast the smores in a park somewhere.  Create some great dried fruit (apple slices dipped in lemon juice, honey, and water (1/3 of each) and cinnamon (to taste) is my favorite recipe.

Here is a wonderful screen printing tutorial from ThreadBanger.


I will finish this "gift ideas and projects for men" post off with a block printing tutorial, also from ThreadBanger.

Guys, what are some of your favorite projects to work on?  Ladies, any advice for what to give the men in our lives this holiday season?

No comments:

Post a Comment