Saturday, September 17, 2011
Top 5 Reasons Artists Should Have a Facebook Page
While Facebook is not for every artist, I would like to address some of the reasons that a Facebook business page can be a wonderful venue for marketing your work. Here are the five most important reasons to consider creating a business page on Facebook.
1. The numbers. 250 million people use Facebook.
2. People do not need a Facebook account to view you business page. This means that potential customers can access your work even if they don't have a Facebook account. In effect, a Facebook business page can act as a website, a blog, and a forum for members and non-member to view and talk about your work. You can also use Facebook for events and email.
3. Facebook ranks high on Google.com. A Facebook page will likely come up toward the top of a search for your name.
4. Facebook is user friendly and if you already have a personal profile page on Facebook, you are halfway to creating a business page.
5. Facebook integrates with a variety of other social media marketing tools. You can link Facebook to your blog, Twitter, YouTube, Etsy, your phone text messages and more.
Does this all sound a bit overwhelming? If so, you can set up a time to come meet with a WOW staff member to help you set up a Facebook page. We can also help you to implement some best practices and the other social media marketing tools listed above. Best of all this service if FREE for WOW members. If you are feeling inspired and would like to jump in on your own the ArtBizBlog shows you how to create your own business Facebook page.
Check out some of our members' Facebook Pages
Felicia Follum Art and Design
Jill Hartley Paintings